Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is something that should NOT be ignored. Untreated gum disease can lead to a wide-range of consequences that affect both your oral and overall health. In fact, it can even lead to tooth loss. Luckily, this infection of your gums, which is caused by a build-up of the bacteria in plaque, can be effectively treated with periodontal treatments.
Signs You May Need Periodontal Treatments
Some signs that you have gum disease and need to undergo periodontal treatments to save your smile include:
- Gums that bleed easily
- Gums that are red, swollen, and/or tender
- Gums that are pulling away from your teeth
- Chronic bad breath and/or a bad taste in your mouth
- Loosening or separating of your permanent teeth
- Changes in your bite and how your teeth fit together
- Changes in the fit of your partial dentures
Types of Periodontal Treatments
There are various types of periodontal treatments. The best way to determine which treatment is right for you is by going to your dentist for a periodontal consultation. Some of the most effective and popular periodontal treatments include:
- Scaling and root planing (deep cleaning)
- Gum graft surgery
- Laser treatment
- Regenerative procedures
- Dental crown lengthening
- Dental implants
- Pocket reduction procedures
- And more!
Periodontal Treatments at Dental Partners
Say goodbye to gum disease and hello to a healthy smile with periodontal treatments at Dental Partners. For more information about gum disease or to request a consultation, contact our experienced periodontal team today. We look forward to caring for you and your smile!